Yet over the course of repeated play something closer to what Ihde calls the "embodied relation," in which a person feels that a technological object is an extension of his own cognitive and even motor capacities, replaces a sense of the machine's alterity. "The machine is perfected along a bodily vector, molded to the perceptions and actions of humans," Ihde writes of technologies designed to promote a sense of embodiment. "The closer to invisibility, transparency, and the extension of one's own bodily sense this technology allows, the better."
"I get to the point where I no longer feel my hand touching the machine," Randall told me. "I feel connected to the machine when I play, like it's an extension of me, as if physically you couldn't separate me from the machine."
- 몰입: affirming, restorative, and enriching
- 중독(소위 zone에 빠지는 경험): depleting, entrapping, and associated with a loss of autonomy
디자이너의 윤리적 책임의식 같은 것이 참 중요하겠다는 생각이 든다. 컴퓨터 게임의 순기능과 역기능에 대한 다양한 논의도 몰입과 중독 사이의 밀접한 관계와 관련이 깊을 것이다.
다시 원래 이야기로 돌아가서, 신체의 확장과 관련하여 다음 요약을 참고하면 좋다:
Suggested Pages #
- 0.042 신경생리학
- 0.033 The Science Of Addiction
- 0.025 Supersizing the Mind/능동적인 감지
- 0.025 The Science of Addiction
- 0.025 The Addictive Personality
- 0.025 The principle of ecological balance
- 0.025 Natasha Dow Schull
- 0.025 The Pleasure Instinct
- 0.025 September 23
- 0.025 October 21
- More suggestions...